Professional Computer Diagnostic Software:
New Years Sale: Limited Time Offer on the below advertised special save big $$$. Sale ends Jan.12th
PC-Diag Professional Software (Professional Version)
Award Winning PC Diagnostics Software tools, used to diagnose problems on a PC running in Windows or a DOS environment. Our Professional PC Hardware Diagnostic Software allows its user to maintain quality service and support during the four phases of a PC's lifecycle.
Best of all, this PC diagnostics software will enable the end-user to select and run programs quickly and effortlessly by simply selecting whether to run the program in Windows, DOS, or both. Each mode will allow the user to immediately identify, single out, analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot hardware and software faulty areas right down to the lowest hardware level. The Windows version will allow its user to completey test video, sound, netcard and other devices that require Windows drivers.
The Professional version of our PC Diagnostics Software has the added ability to perform hundreds of extensive test routines which can better assist in detecting problematic PC hardware failures. By including our diagnostics in your tool-kit, the professional technician can be assured that both valuable time and money will be saved.
The features of the Professional version include a detailed reporting of the computer's components and operating system. In addition, extensive information about the computer's processor, memory, hard drives, CD/DVD drives, floppy drives, monitor, video card, network card, modem, sound cards, keyboard, mouse, serial ports, USB, PCI, system board devices, and more.
Additional features for our Professional PC Diagnostics Software include the ability to select and execute extensive tests for your processor, memory, hard drives, CD/DVD drives, floppy drive, monitor, video card, network card, modem, sound cards, keyboard, mouse, serial port, and USB. Our Professional PC Diagnostics has the added ability to run a set of tests individually or all at once, and then create a report from the results. This report could be saved for future reference, printed or e-mailed to a help desk operation or other technicians for further analysis.
For a more in depth look at all our diagnostic tools, or the PC Diagnostic Tool of your choice you may contact us directly at our toll-free number (888) 689-2978 and request an interactive demonstration of our software by one of our associates.
Professional PC Diagnostics Software A Closer Look
- System Requirements & Platforms (Windows & DOS Mode)
- Features and Benefits (Windows Mode)
- Features and Benefits (DOS Mode)
- Additional Test Features (Windows Mode)
- Additional Test features (DOS Mode)
- Advanced Testing (Windows Mode)
- Advanced Testing (DOS Mode)
System Requirements & Platforms
The Diagnostic Software Pro Windows mode is compatible with the following systems Windows 2000, 2000 Pro, XP, Windows 2003. It is recommended to have at least 20MB free space on your hard drive and 64MB of memory.
In DOS mode it runs on all standard PC-type systems running in 640K on IBM-standard PC, XT, AT, PS/2, EISA, PCI, VLB, 386, 486, Pentium, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium IV, AMD K5/K6/K7/Athlon, Cyrix 5x86/6x86/MediaGX, Winchip, and clones under DOS 3.0+, including Windows 3.1, 95, 98, and ME. Self-boots and runs on systems that have UNIX, LINUX, OS/2, Windows NT/2000/XP loaded (but does not run under those operating systems.
Features and Benefits in Windows Mode
- Comprehensive report about your computer components, and operating system so you can determine whether or not your PC is performing the way it should be. ( Compare how well your PC is performing based on similar machines).
- The Windows version will allow its user to completey test video, sound, netcard and other devices that require Windows drivers.
- Display and record the possibilities of negative effects during configuration changes and hardware upgrades.
- Save time and money on costly repairs by checking your PC's hardware yourself and then calling a professional only if you need one.
- Accurate and Detailed test logs information.
- When support technicians are required, detailed logs of all test results can immediately be provided cutting down or completely eliminating costly product returns, wasted time and money.
- PC Diagnostic customization available.
- PC Diagnostics can be installed on the users hard drive or ordered on CD-ROM, other OEM formats are available upon request.
- Rugged System Diagnostic Test
- Basic Configuration Report
- Robust Context-Sensitive Help
- Lifetime Free Technical Support
- Performance Guarantee
- Easy to Use Menu System
- Saves Time & Money
Additional Test Features & Advanced Testing in Windows Mode
- Processor ( Manual or Automated Testing 100,000 Repetitions)
- Memory ( Manual or Automated Testing)
- Hard Drives ( Manual or Automated Testing)
- CD/DVD drives ( Manual or Automated Testing)
- Floppy Drives ( Manual or Automated Testing)
- Video Card
- Network Card
- Sound cards
- System Board Devices
- Cleanup Tools
- Serial Ports (serial loop back plug required)
- Parallel Ports ( parallel loop back plug required)
- An optional set of loop back plugs for performing "External" serial and parallel port testing are available for a minimal fee upon request.
Features and Benefits in DOS Mode
- Comprehensive Configuration Report
- Rugged System Diagnostic Tests
- Exacting System Benchmark Tests
- Powerful Utilities
- Robust Context-Sensitive Help
- Lifetime Free Technical Support
- Performance Guarantee
- Easy to Use Menu System
- Self-Boot & DOS
- Saves Time & Money
The Professional PC Diagnostics Software is a professional suite of testing and reporting functions in one self-booting software package. Based on a collection of proprietary, high level tests and utilities developed originally for Intel, our PC Diagnostic Software contains technology that has withstood rigorous field-testing since 1981. It has been massively enhanced over the years to stay abreast of advancing technology and contains PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award-Winning Info-Spotter Discovery Engine technology.
Additional Test Features DOS Mode
- Complete Computer Diagnostics (single-test and batch mode)
- Full Documents System Configuration with user-customizable Snapshot Report. Includes details on Shows IRQ, DMA, PNP, PCI, PCMCIA, SMBIOS, and I/O devices such as network, sound, SCSI, Disk Drives. Even includes editable databases of CPU, PCI, and PNP devices. Excellent for Repair Records, Conflict Resolution, Inventory Control, Loss Prevention, Warranty Validation. Fabulous for proving what is inside the system without having to remove the cover.
- Test all major standard IBM-compatible PC/AT components: CPU (including multiple CPUs), Motherboard, Memory, Disk Drives, CD ROM Drives, Sound, Video, Serial/Parallel/USB Ports, Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick. Tests grouped by device. You may run them in multiple passes or for specific time periods and log summary or full results to printer or file. Excellent for field engineers, bench technicians, and factory burn-in testing. Proven diagnostics give you confidence your system is functioning properly.
- Advanced Benchmark Tests of CPU, Math, Video, Hard Drive, CD ROM, and Memory, individually selectable and run in continuous loops to show you how the system is performing, and allow you to detect performance bottlenecks in the system.
- Utilities provide powerful features: Refresh, Recondition, Security Erase & Low Level Format Computer Hard Drives; exercise serial terminals; create data structure templates for viewing memory or disk contents in context.
- Comprehensive Context-Sensitive Help, Coaches, Repair Tips, POST Codes, and manual built-in to help you find what you need to know when you need it by pressing one or two keys. Keeps you oriented, effective without searching for a manual.
- Provides solid reliability to professional technicians, system builders, student technicians, PC maintenance training instructors, power users, and novices.
- Free lifetime support included.
Advanced Testing DOS Mode
Easy To Use and Instructional! - Our diagnostic software operates intuitively from user-friendly menus, context-sensitive help, and mouse or keyboard control. The Professional PC Diagnostics Software provides the following major operations:
- User Interface
- Menu-driven - hot keys, cursor keys, or mouse clicks select items, ESC key goes to previous item
- User-configurable screen colors
- Context-sensitive help system
- Setup program allows user to make backup copies
- Scans its own files for viruses to give user peace of mind
- Supports ISA, EISA, MCA, PCMCIA, PCI, AGP buses
- Shows basic hardware configuration screen of installed devices
- Displays physical and logical FAT-formatted drive information
- Displays hard drive manufacturer, model, serial #
- Displays configuration "Snapshot" report, also from command line
- Allows user to customize report header, footer, contents
- Identifies whether system needs to be upgraded
- Saves and restores entire CMOS RAM contents
- Saves and restores Master Boot Record (MBR)
- Saves and restores Logical Drive Boot Records (LBR)
- Displays Hard Drive contents by Head, Cylinder, Sector, or LBA Sector
- Displays standard IRQ/DMA usage
- Allows user to edit databases for CPU, PCI, and Plug-n-Play
- Displays SCSI and ATAPI devices installed
- Displays SMBIOS report, including CPU & memory type & speed
- Edits common CMOS RAM area
- Detects Pentium Floating Divide and other design flaws
- Contains dozens of menu items that run thousands of tests
- Tests all IBM-PC/AT standard components
- Tests are organized in groups:
- System (motherboard and single/multiple CPUs)
- Memory (main, cache, video)
- Video (display adapter and monitor)
- Fixed Disk (including non-destructive write tests)
- Floppy Disk
- Compact Disk (CD)
- Serial Controllers (including Modem)
- Parallel Controllers (including Printers)
- Sound Card and Speaker (Sound Blaster Compatible)
- Year 2000 and Real Time Clock Synchronicity
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Port Circuitry
- Allows user to select which tests to run within a group
- Runs selected tests individually within group or in burn-in batch mode
- Once set up and initiated, tests run unattended, and can even return to DOS when finished.
- Allows user to save batch test settings in file and specify which batch file to use from command line.
- All tests run in sequence for number of passes, amount of time per test, or amount of time for entire batch or group of tests.
- Allows many user-configurable Test Settings items such as
- Which devices to test
- Range of memory to test
- Serial Port Baud Rates to use
- Where to log results and what to put in log
- Whether to exit from the program after finishing tests
- Amount of time (up to 99:99:99 hours) or number of passes to run tests
- Plus much more.
- If tests fail, floppy drive light blinks rapidly, and large, red FAIL message is displayed on monitor, allowing factory technicians to be alerted to failures from across the room.
- Shows performance or raw speed.
- Tests CPU, math, video, hard drive disk, CD, Memory
- Runs through all tests in continuous passes
- Results Log
- Logs results to disk or printer
- Allows user to print or save to file the contents of any screen.
- Logs detailed test results or just a test summary to printer or file
- Finds and deletes files
- Edits configuration files (CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, etc.)
- Terminal test exercises attached modems and other serial devices
- Checks file system integrity (FAT structures only)
- Scans hard drive for allocation errors
- Refurbishes magnetic surface on hard drives
- Refreshes magnetic surface on hard drives
- Low-level formats MFM/RLL/IDE drives
- D.O.D-security erases hard drives
- Data Structure Template overlays disk or memory areas with template for optimum in-context viewing.
- Context-sensitive Help System
- Press F1 at any time to get help that tells what the currently selected item does
- Alt-F1 at any time to get a coach that tells how to use the currently selected item
- Ctrl-F1 on any test item to display a tip that explains how to repair an associated failure.
- F1 when one of the above is displayed causes the index or help, coaches, or tips to be displayed.
- User may search forward and backward for any text in the help system.
- Includes over 500 printed pages of information.
- User may print displayed help information.
- Complete manual built in.
Batch Mode Testing - The PC Diagnostics Software examines the computer in test groups. Test groups include Motherboard, Memory, Video, Fixed Disk, CD, Floppy Disk, Video, Serial, Parallel, USB, Year 2000, Mouse, Joystick, and Keyboard.
You may run a group or individually selected tests in a group, then run single or multiple passes for either an amount of time per test, amount of time for the group, or number of passes for each test. Test time can be up to 100 hours (four days plus four hours).
You may also select Batch Mode testing and save the test parameters in a batch mode file. Batch mode testing is also called "burn-in" testing because it runs continuously for a long time and heats up the circuitry. Batch mode tests can simulate a month of normal operation in just a few hours of intensive exercising.
When creating a batch mode file, you can select any test in any group, then select which devices are to be tested (e.g., which hard drives if you have multiple drives), you may then select the amount of time or passes for the tests, elect to exit the program and return to the operating system when testing is done (so as to run other functions in AUTOEXEC.BAT, for example), and elect the destination of the test log (full log or just summary, to go to printer or file). You may even elect to put the Snapshot Configuration report in the beginning of the log and customize a header and footer for the report.
An important feature for systems builders who burn-in many systems at once is the dynamic test result display. The software can be set to halt on a failure or run continuously. If a failure does not lock up the system, then the monitor, if attached, will display a large, red FAIL message, and the floppy drive LED will flash rapidly. This will alert a technician across the room that a failure has occurred.
Batch Mode testing is a very powerful way to burn-in test a system after repair or before shipping a new system to a customer, for it provokes any imminent "infant mortality" failures while in the shop, rather than in the customer's home or office, and it thereby reduces warranty costs for both the customer and PC technician or builder.
Full Logging of Configuration and Test Results - The PC Diagnostics Software videos through log features to record your test results and configuration information. Log to the printer directly, to a disk file of choice, or just to internal memory. Elect to log only the testing summary showing number of passes and number of failures for each test, or each iteration of each test in a batch mode burn-in test sequence, plus the summary. Because you can log configuration information, you have a handy record to use to verify the customer's system if it is returned for service. See a sample annotated batch mode burn-in Test Log here.
Snapshot Configuration Report - Only our Diagnostic Software contains the Snapshot Configuration Report. All the reporting features of the Professional Diagnostic Info-Spotter Snapshot are built into the Diagnostic Software. Click on Info-Spotter Snapshot Report to see a sample printout and how to set up the report.
USB Test Software
USB Test Software designed to rigorously test, troubleshoot and diagnose all USB devices, ports and hubs. Displays detailed information about host controllers and attached devices and works with any USB device.
PC-Diag USB Test Software offers extensive testing for USB controllers in addition to a powerful discovery engine that provides very detailed information about host controllers and USB devices. The USB Software rigorously tests USB host controllers and USB functionality for all attached USB devices!
This unique USB Test Software eliminates the need for costly, restrictive, multiple loopback test plugs; virtually any USB device can be used for testing!
Just attach each USB device to one or multiple ports, then run the tests simultaneously and observe how quickly Port, Hub, and device respond to transactions, what the supported transaction types are, manufacturer information and more!
Why you should buy our PC Diagnostics Software - We have many gratified and prestigious customers who rely on our Diagnostic Software day in and day out to help them test and troubleshoot their computers. Due to the abundance of PC hardware manufactures worldwide, along with the lack of industry controls and standards, it would be impossible to assume that any one PC Diagnostics Software would be able to troubleshoot and assist in repairing all existing hardware failures. Therefore, no one single troubleshooting tool will always be capable of diagnosing all hardware failures and cannot be expected to locate and perform at its best in all computer related hardware diagnostic situations.
In conclusion, this is why it is crucial that anyone attempting to diagnose and troubleshoot computers carry more than one Computer Diagnostic Tool in their arsenal. You can be assured that the line of computer diagnostics we carry will compliment any and all situations, plus more than pay for itself many times over. That is why some of the largest companies in the United States have chosen our diagnostics. The American electronics and computer retailer Best Buy uses our diagnostics throughout hundreds of locations and service departments in North America