PC Benchmark Test Software and PC Burn-In Software DOS
The Ideal Factory PC Burn-In Stress Test Program - PC Diag Burn-In is a suite of PC test and reporting functions in one self-booting software package intended for PC builders and assembly technicians. Based on a suite of proprietary, high level tests and utilities developed originally for Intel, PC Diag contains technology that has withstood picky field-testing since 1981. It has been massively enhanced over the years to stay abreast of advancing technology. It contains PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award-Winning Info Spotter Discovery Engine technology. PC Diag has helped thousands upon thousands of discriminating PC technicians save time and money troubleshooting system problems and stress-testing systems before delivering them to customers.
Click here to view PC Diag DOS self-booting hardware diagnostics (Screen Shots)
Click here to Compare all PC Diag DOS self-boot versions
System Requirements & Platforms
In DOS Mode it runs on all standard PC-type systems regardless of hardware configuration, from the oldest systems based on processors like Intel 386/486 to the latest ones like Intel Dual Core Duo and AMD Opteron/Athlon FX2. No matter what operating system is installed on your PC (Windows, Linux, DOS), simply boot up from our specially configured floppy drive's, CDROMS or USB drives, and run complex tests on your hardware.
Network Booting PC-Diag as PXE Server: PXE Booting in Linux PXE Booting in Windows
- Complete Computer Diagnostics (single-test and batch mode) for PC Manufacturers
and assembly technicians - Excellent for factory stress-testing before shipping
computers to customer
- Provides System Configuration information identifies installed hardware. Excellent
for Repair and Warranty Records. Fabulous for proving what is inside the system
without having to remove the cover
- Test all major standard IBM-compatible PC/AT components: CPU (including multiple
CPUs), Motherboard, Memory, Disk Drives, CD ROM Drives, Sound, Video, Serial/Parallel/USB
Ports, Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick and more. Tests are grouped by device. You may run them
in multiple passes or for specific time periods and log summary or full results
to printer or file. Excellent for field engineers, bench technicians, and factory
burn-in testing. Proven diagnostics give you confidence your system is functioning
- Benchmark Tests of CPU, Math, Video, Hard Drive, and CD ROM, runs in continuous
loops to show you how the system is performing, and allow you to detect performance
bottlenecks in the system.
- Utilities let you verify hard drive formatting and basic integrity, and exercise
remote or local serial devices.
- Comprehensive Context-Sensitive Help, Coaches, Repair Tips, and manual built-in
to help you find what you need toknow when you need it by pressing one or two keys.
Keeps you oriented, effective without searching for a manual.
- Provides solid reliability to reduce warranty costs by burning in (stress-testing)
systems so they fail in the factory, not at the customer location.
Easy To Use and Instructional
PC Diag operates intuitively from user-friendly
menus, context-sensitive help, and mouse or keyboard control. PC Diag Burn-In
provides the following major operations:
- User Interface
- Menu-driven - hot keys, cursor keys, or mouse clicks select items, ESC key goes
to previous item
- User-configurable screen colors
- Context-sensitive help system
- Setup program allows user to make backup copies
- Scans its own files for viruses to give user peace of mind
- Supports ISA, EISA, MCA, PCMCIA, PCI, AGP buses
- Shows basic hardware configuration screen of installed devices
- Displays physical and logical FAT-formatted drive information
- Displays hard drive manufacturer, model, serial #
- Saves and restores entire CMOS RAM contents
- Saves and restores Master Boot Record (MBR)
- Saves and restores Logical Drive Boot Records (LBR)
- Displays Hard Drive contents by Head, Cylinder, Sector, or LBA Sector
- Edits common CMOS RAM area
- Detects Pentium Floating Divide and other design flaws
- Contains dozens of menu items that run thousands of tests
- Tests all IBM-PC/AT standard components
- Tests are organized in groups:
- System (motherboard and single/multiple CPUs)
- Memory (main, cache, video)
- Video (display adapter and monitor)
- Fixed Disk (including non-destructive write tests)
- Floppy Disk
- Compact Disk (CD)
- Serial Controllers (including Modem)
- Parallel Controllers (including Printers)
- Sound Card and Speaker (Sound Blaster Compatible)
- Year 2000 and Real Time Clock Synchronicity
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Port Circuitry
- Allows user to select which tests to run within a group
- Runs selected tests individually within group or in burn-in batch mode
- Once set up and initiated, tests run unattended, and can even return to DOS when
- Allows user to save batch test settings in file and specify which batch file to
use from command line.
- All tests run in sequence for number of passes, amount of time per test, or amount
of time for entire batch or group of tests.
- Allows many user-configurable Test Settings items such as
- Which devices to test
- Range of memory to test
- Serial Port Baud Rates to use
- Where to log results and what to put in log
- Whether to exit from the program after finishing tests
- Amount of time (up to 99:99:99 hours) or number of passes to run tests
- Plus much more
- Shows performance or raw speed.
- Tests CPU, math, video, hard drive, CD ROM drive
- Runs through all tests in continuous passes
- Results Log
- Logs results to disk or printer
- Allows user to print or save to file the contents of any screen.
- Logs detailed test results or just a test summary to printer or file
- Edits configuration files (CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, etc.)
- Terminal test exercises attached modems and other serial devices
- Checks file system integrity (FAT structures only)
- Scans hard drive for allocation errors
- Context-sensitive Help System
- Press F1 at any time to get help that tells what the currently selected item does
- Alt-F1 at any time to get a coach that tells how to use the currently selected item
- Ctrl-F1 on any test item to display a tip that explains how to repair an associated
- F1 when one of the above is displayed causes the index or help, coaches, or tips
to be displayed.
- User may search forward and backward for any text in the help system.
- Includes over 500 printed pages of information.
- User may print displayed help information.
- Complete manual built in.
Batch Mode Testing
PC Diag Burn DOS In allows you to test the computer by test groups
Test groups include Motherboard, Memory, Video, Fixed Disk, CD, Floppy Disk, Video,
Serial, Parallel, USB, Mouse, Joystick, and Keyboard.
You may run any group or individually selected tests in a group in single or multiple
passes for either an amount of time per test, amount of time for the group, or number
of passes for each test. Test time can be up to 100 hours (four days plus four hours).
You may also select Batch Mode testing and save the test parameters in a batch mode
file Batch mode testing is also called "burn-in" testing because it runs continuously
for a long time and heats up the circuitry. Batch mode tests can simulate a month
of normal operation in just a few hours of intensive exercising.
When creating a batch mode file, you can select any test in any group, select which
devices are tested (e.g., which hard drives if you have multiple drives), select
the amount of time or passes for the tests, elect to exit the program and return
to the operating system when testing is done (so as to run other functions in AUTOEXEC.BAT,
for example), and elect the destination of the test log (full log or just summary,
to go to printer , file or save the results to a USB Drive).
An important feature for systems builders who burn in a lot of systems at once is
the dynamic test result display. The software can be set to halt on a failure or
run continuously. If a failure does not lock up the system, then the monitor, if
attached, will display a large, red FAIL message. This will alert a technician across the room that a failure has occurred.
Batch Mode testing is a very powerful way to burn-in test a system after repair
or before shipping a new system to a customer, for it provokes any imminent "infant
mortality" failures while in the shop, rather than in the customer's home or office,
and it thereby reduces warranty costs for both the customer and PC technician or
Full Logging of Configuration and Test Results - PC Diag provides thorough log
features to record your test results and configuration information. Log to the printer
directly, to a disk file of choice,USB Drive, or just to internal memory. Elect to log only
the testing summary showing number of passes and number of failures for each test,
or each iteration of each test in a batch mode burn-in test sequence, plus the summary.
Because you can log configuration information, you have a handy record to use to
verify the customer's system if it is returned for service.
PC-Diag USB Test
USB Test Software designed to rigorously test, troubleshoot and diagnose all USB
devices, ports and hubs. Displays detailed information about host controllers and
attached devices and works with any USB device.
PC-Diag USB Test Software offers extensive testing for
USB controllers in addition to a powerful discovery engine that provides very detailed
information about host controllers and USB devices. The USB Software rigorously
tests USB host controllers and USB functionality for all attached USB devices!
This unique USB Test Software eliminates the need for costly, restrictive,
multiple loop back test plugs; virtually any USB device can be used for testing!
Just attach each USB device to one or multiple ports, then run the tests simultaneously
and observe how quickly Port, Hub, and device respond to transactions, what the
supported transaction types are, manufacturer information and more!
Features and Benefits
- Includes the most extensive USB test sets on the market.
- DOS application, runs independent of your operating system
- Works with virtually any USB device.
- It is not just a host controller test, it is a device test also.
- See the performance and "intelligence' of your USB devices.
- Does does require costly multiple USB test loop back plugs.
- Works with UHCI, OHCI and EHCI controllers.
- Simplified interface, no need to research a complex help file to perform a full
system diagnostic. Any test is just two mouse clicks away!
- Comprehensive report about your controllers, ports, and attached devices.
Why you should buy PC Diag DOS Burn-In - We have many gratified and prestigious customers who rely on PC Diag day in and day out to help them test and troubleshoot computer problems. Because the Burn In version is available under special volume licensing, manufacturers find it to be profoundly cost-effective way to prepare systems for delivery to customers.
PC-Diag is Hacker Safe & VeriSign Secure!