Today several apps have been developed to let people enjoy their time on the internet. They allow you to communicate with others, share videos, play games, and organize meetings, among other facilities.
One such app is Discord, a top-notch platform where you can communicate via video or voice chat with friends or random people. But, practically, it offers much more features than mere communication.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on why this fatal error occurs and how to fix it.
What is Discord?
Discord is an exciting tool that is extremely loved in the gaming community. It is a platform where you can interact with others while gaming.
Besides gaming, you may also install discord to create dedicated channels, and servers, share ideas, stream live, and video or audio chat with millions of users online. The best thing about Discord is that its features are free of any cost.
You may run this program on your smartphone or your PC. Moreover, it is available on a web browser and desktop app.
Many users of this application ask this question. Generally, there is no specific reason why this discord error occurs.
Damaged Discord Settings
Quality Windows Experience Service Not Running
This quality windows audio-video experience service is essential for the application’s core functionality. Therefore, any bug in this service’s running will ultimately lead to this problem.
Third-Party Software Blocking Discord Features
Any third-party software, such as antivirus software installed in the computer, may also prevent the Discord features from running effectively. You may try disabling such antivirus and running discord.
App Operating with Admin Permissions
When the discord is running with administrator privileges, a problem may arise in its working. However, to eliminate the issue, you can take away its administrator privileges.
We will discuss the fixes step by step in the following.
Fix 1: Remove Discord Files From the Disk
Similar to other programs, this app also saves temporary files on your PC to function effectively. However, these files may encounter issues and become corrupt. Resultantly, the corruption of files may make it difficult for the program to run.
Go through the following method to apply this fix:
- First, open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Escape buttons simultaneously
- In the task manager, find Discord and click on the End Task
- Now open Run Window by tapping Windows Button + R Button
- Next, enter %appdata% in the text bar and click OK
- In the popped-up window, find and select Discord
- Then, Right Click on the discord and tap on Delete from the menu
- Once again, open the Run window as explained above
- Type %localappdata% in the window and click Ok
- Now locate the discord folder and delete the same as you did earlier
- Lastly, re-launch the Discord Setup and reinstall it as per the instructions provided in the setup wizard
Usually, this method works for many as it fixes the error efficiently. However, if this does not delete the problem, you may try another method.
Fix 2: Ensure Antivirus is Not Causing the Error
Almost every one of us uses antivirus software on our computer to keep safe from any malware attack. But, there are plenty of antivirus programs that may, on their block a program or its features from running.
- Double-tap on the Avast icon and open it. You may also access avast by right-clicking the avast icon.
- Once Avast is open, go to the Protection tab.
- From there, look for Virus Chest and enter it.
- In the virus chest tab, you will find the files that avast has been quarantined due to being unsafe.
- Here, look for any file associated with the discord.
- After you find the files, tap on the three dots and select Restore and Add Exception from the list that pops-up.
- Repeat the same with all the files related to discord there.
- Once done, reinstall Discord.
After installing discord, see if the problem is gone. Moreover, to ensure that no such issue appears again, you should add a folder in Avast that confirms that Discord installation files are harmless to the computer.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Open Avast as detailed above
- On the top-right corner of the Avast interface, go to the Menu
- From the drop-down list, tap settings
- Next, click on the General on the left-hand side
- Now select the Exceptions option
- In this tab, click on the Add Exceptions and locate the discord folder where installation files are present
- Moving on, tap on Add Exception
- Finally, re-start the Discord setup
Fix 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Discord
To uninstall discord, you need to follow the steps below:
- To begin with, right-click the windows start menu icon.
- Now from the drop-down menu, select the Search tab.
- Now in the search bar, type Control Panel.
- From the search results, double-click on Control Panel.
- In the control panel, locate the Programs tab from the menu.
- Next, look for Discord in the list of installed programs.
- Once you find discord, select it and click on the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling the program, right-click on the start menu and open Run.
- Type %appdata% in the text bar and select the OK button.
- Locate the discord folder and delete it in the new window.
- Open Run again, type %Localappdata%, and push the Enter button.
- Now, locate the discord folder and delete it again.
- Then, you need to go to the Discord website and download the latest version of Discord.
- Finally, follow the instructions and reinstall Discord on your computer.
Fix 4: Modify the Startup Type of Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service
Follow the steps below to apply this solution:
- Launch Run utility by pressing Windows and R Button
- Now, type services.msc in the Run text bar and click the Ok button
- When the services window pops up, locate Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service
- Next, right-click on it and select Properties
- Now, if the status of the service shows Running, click the stop Button
- Once it stops, click on the start to relaunch it
- Next, make sure that the startup type is Automatic in the drop-down list
- Finally, click on the Apply and Ok button
Fix 5: Take Administrator Privileges from Discord
Here are the steps you need to follow to delete this error:
- Search for the Discord Executable
- Right-click on it and select Properties from the drop-down options
- Now proceed to the Compatibility Tab
- There, unselect the box besides run this program as an administrator
- Click on the Ok button
- Finally, restart your computer