error code: 0x8000000b is the error which occurred during the time of syncing emails. Windows 10 gives you an in-built app which allows you to sync your Gmail, Yahoo and many other accounts. This error occurs when that application tries to sync your accounts. The occurrence of error 0x8000000b can also be a hindrance to sync your account. After popping up this error, your account will not be synced. 0x80070425, 0x8007042b, 0x8000ffff are also the same type of error, the main error is same i.e. 0x8000000b. As like the problems, solutions are also the same. If you are having this error and searching for the solution to fix this error, you are at the right place. The solutions to this problem are given below with some easy steps to fix it. Before that, let’s see the problems causing this kind of error.
error code : 0x8000000b and its solution
The main causes of this error are given below.
- IMAP or POP is not enabled in your pc: You may face this error if you have not enabled Post Office Protocol(POP) and Internet Message Access Protocol(IMAP) is not enabled in your email server.
- Your Windows firewall is not allowing the request: Microsoft has stated that if your firewall is blocking your request sent by Mail application, this error may pop up.
- You have third-party antivirus or Windows defender: Enabling third-party application or Windows Defender can cause this error.
Now let’s jump into the solution of this type of error.
Turn your antivirus or Windows Defender off
If you are not being able to sync your email, you should disable your antivirus or Windows Defender from your PC. Before doing it, you must be sure that your PC will be in risk of malware if you disable your antivirus or Windows Defender. To disable your antivirus or Windows Defender, follow these simple steps.
- Go to the start menu. You should search for Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select Windows Defender Security Center, which will appear at the top of the list of results.
- After that, click on Firewall and network protection.
- Now, choose a network profile and then turn your Windows Firewall off.
- Check whether your mail is syncing or not.
Allow Mail through Windows Firewall
If Windows Defender allowed you to sync mail, then also you should follow these steps. Those who could not solve their error using the above solution, this solution may help you in solving your problem. Those simple and easy steps are given below.
- Go to Windows Defender Security Center, once again.
- Click on Firewall and network protection.
- You can see Allow an app through Firewall, click on it and change the setting for Mails.
- Finally, click on OK.
Remove and add your account again
This solution seems to be silly, but many users have got their error fixed by using this solution. You should follow these simple steps to fix your error 0x8000000b.
- Go to search bar and type Mails and select Mails from the list of result.
- Open the setting from the Navigation Bar.
- Choose the account that you need to delete from Mail application and select Delete account.
- After that, your specific account will be deleted. You should add that account again.
Sign in your account using Advanced Settings
If you have tried all the above solutions and still you have the same error popping up, we have the final solution for the error for you.
Try this if you have a problem with google account
- Log in to your Gmail account by using any browser.
- Go to a setting which appears at the top right of the web page.
- After that, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Enable IMAP and allow for less secure apps in Gmail account setting.
- Now, go to the Mail app and open that Gmail account in the Mail app.
- Open Mail settings and select accounts.
- Add account.
- Now click on advanced setup.
- You will be given the option to sure your email account type, select Internet email.
- After that, enter your account details. To do this, type the following in Incoming email Box.
- Select IMAP4 as the account type and type the following in Outgoing email server.
- Finally, after entering these details, click on sign in.
Try this if you have a problem with Outlook account
- Open the Mail app once again.
- Select accounts and go to Add account.
- Instead of selecting Outlook, select Exchange.
- Enter the valid Email address of your Outlook account. After that, you will be asked to enter your password.
- After entering Email address and password, click on sign in.
- Finally, check whether your problem is solved or not.
We hope you got your error code: 0x8000000b fixed using one of these solutions. Now you can enjoy using Mail application in Windows 10.