Error Code: 0x80004005 [Solved]
Error code: 0x80004005 is one of the most frustrating errors. It is also called the unspecified error. This error may have various causes and is hard to find the actual reason for the cause of this error. Nevertheless, there are mainly four causes of this error. Firstly we should determine which is the cause of these four. Those four errors are listed below.
- It may occur when you update your windows: This error is likely to occur in Windows 10. It pops up when you try to update windows. Microsoft is aware of this error while downloading windows update, they gave a solution for this problem in Windows update.
- It may occur when any message arrives through outlook app: This is likely to occur in both windows 7 and windows 10. An error message is displayed there as, “Sending and receiving reported error 0x80004005: The operation failed.” This will not let you send or receive any messages or emails.
- This may occur when there is an error in the Registry key: It is difficult to determine the cause when there is an error in Registry. It is usually caused by virtual machine error. It is also caused when you try to access shared folders.
- This may pop up when a .dll file is corrupted: The full form of .dll is a dynamic link library. It is a library which contains data and code which can be used by two or more programs at a time. If error 0x80004005 is caused by .dll files, it may malfunction all those files which uses the same .dll files.
After looking at the causes of the error 0x80004005, let’s see some of the solutions for the error 0x80004005.
Update your windows
Since windows update is one of the causes of the error 0x80004005. Updating your windows will be one of the solutions to fix this error. If you are not able to update your windows, check for Windows 10 media creation tool. It helps you to update your windows 10. You have to download it from the official website of Microsoft. Install it but be sure that you must be an administrator to install Windows 10 media creation tool.
Disable anti-virus blocking feature and notification of new mail
If you are the regular user of outlook, you want to fix this error as soon as it pops up. We will not be able to send and receive any emails/messages. This solution is just for you. Your antivirus is the root cause of this error. If you disable your antivirus from your computer, your error will be fixed. You can disable the antivirus by going to the specific software. After disabling your antivirus, check whether your outlook is running well or not.
If you do not have any antivirus software installed on your computer, disable your outlook notifications. You can do this by opening the Outlook application and find the Tools menu in the menu bar. After that, tap on options and select Preferences. Now, go to Email Options and unmark ‘Display a notification message when new emails arrive and hit OK. By doing this you will not get any notification when you receive new emails.
Change some registry settings
As we know, error in Registry key will cause this error and have chances to affect many programs. Follow these simple steps to solve your problem.
- Press Windows key+R to open Run Box, type Regedit in the typing box of Run window and hit Enter.
- Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE click on it.
- Click software inside that menu.
- Find Microsoft and click it.
- Go to Windows NT.
- Click on CurrentVersion.
- After that, go to AppsCompactFlages.
- Finally, find out Layers out of other folders.
After following these steps, if you will find a registry key. Delete that registry key. Many of the users reported that deleting this registry key worked in their computer as a solution to the error 0x80004005.
Follow these steps if an error occurred due to corrupt .dll files
If error 0x80004005 is caused by corrupt .dll files, it will affect the smooth functioning of different programs. It will be more productive for you if you fix this error as soon as possible. Follow these steps to fix your error 0x80004005.
- Go to all programs which you can find in the Start menu.
- Now, click on Accessories.
- After that, go to System Tools.
- Choose Disk cleanup and you will be asked that which file you want to delete and you will be told that how much disk space is going to be free.
- Finally, choose all the Temporary Internet files and hit the Clean up system files button.
Being one of the complicated issues, cleaning up these internet’s .dll files will work in most of the cases.
You must be aware that, if this error popped up many times and you solve it, your data will be lost. Loosing their important data is like a nightmare for every computer user. If you do it in time, recovering those data is also possible. If you do not catch up in time, some files will not be recovered. You can recover your files using many third-party applications. The applications like Recuva, TestDisk, Stellar Data Recovery, Undelete 360, etc. can be used to recover files from which you lost.
As you read, error code: 0x80004005 is one of the most versatile error. It can be caused by different things like Windows update, Outlook, .dll file and registry key. These terms may seem complex to some who have not been familiar with these terms. You can follow our solutions to fix the error code: 0x80004005. We hope these solutions were helpful for you to deal with error 0x80004005.