The error code: 0x80070006 is one of the Windows update error code. This error mostly pops up when you try to install new updates for windows or search for the latest version of Windows. So, you must rectify the error 0x80070006 as soon as possible to get best out of your PC and Windows 10. Here is the list of causes of this error.
- You may face this error because of the Problem of Internet connection.
- The error 0x80070006 may pop up because of Anti-virus software or Firewall issue.
- You may face the error 0x80070006 when windows update services are not running properly.
- Your corrupted registry files may cause the error 0x80070006.
After seeing these causes of 0x80070006, let us see the methods for solution.
Utilize Windows Update Troubleshooter
You have to use Windows Update Troubleshooter for help. You can follow these simple steps to use Windows troubleshooter.
- First, go the query menu by pressing windows key + Q key and search out for Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Then start run by pressing windows key + R key.
- Now type control panel in the open box of the run window.
- When the Control Panel opens, select the System and Security option of the control panel window.
- Now select the update troubleshooter.
- Click on the option Fix problems with Windows update.
- You must find out and click on Advanced tab option in the window.
- Now left-click on the Run as administrator option.
(Note: You need to make sure that you have clicked on the Apply repairs automatically option)
After the completion of these steps, you can find that the troubleshooter automatically starts to scan for the acknowledge problems and errors with your system updates. Wait for some time patiently for its completion as it takes several minutes to complete.
Uninstall or disable your anti-virus or anti-malware software
You may know or not, Windows do not need any third-party antivirus as it has in-built anti-malware software called Windows Defender. If you have installed a third-party application in your Windows computer, it may harm your operating system. You should either disable or uninstall that particular third-party antivirus. You can disable your antivirus by going to that specific software but if you want to uninstall that third-party application, follow these easy steps.
- Enter Windows key + R key to open the Run window and type control panel.
- When the control panel opens, find programs and features and tap on it.
- You can see the list of software installed on your computer. Find the particular third-party antivirus software and right-click on it and select uninstall.
After following these steps, check whether the error is fixed or not. If your error code: 0x80070006 is not fixed, try using another solution for this error.
Run the System File Checker scan
You can use the SFC scan to check for the corrupt files. SFC scan helps you to navigate the corrupted files and remove those corrupted files. Follow these steps to run the SFC scan in your computer.
- Open the Run Window and type CMD.EXE in order to open the command prompt as the administrator.
- When Command prompt window opens, type SFC /scannow in the Command prompt windows.
- This process will take some time. After completing the process, restart your computer.
Following these steps, you may be able to fix the error 0x80070006. If you were not able to solve the error, try another solution from below.
Reset Windows Update Component using Command Prompt
follow these simple steps to reset Windows Update Component.
- Open run window and type cmd in the box and hit enter.
- When command prompt window opens, type these commands and hit enter after typing each line.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
After giving these commands in the command prompt, restart your system. If your problem still persists, try other solutions mentioned in this article.
Do clean boot in your PC
You must boot in a clean boot state and try to operate the same file. This will help you if some processes are interfering the boot.
- Go to the search bar and type msconfig in the bar and hit enter.
- Click on the System Configuration Utility.
- After that, go to the general tab and click on Selective Startup.
- Clear the load startup items checkbox.
- You must be sure that Load system services and Use Original boot configuration are checked.
- Now, click on the services tab.
After that, choose the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all.
- Finally, click on the Apply or Ok option and restart the computer.
- After finishing the process, check whether your problem is fixed or not.
We hope your error code: 0x80070006 got fixed with the help of these solution methods.