Error Code: 0x8007000e [Solved]
The error code: 0x8007000e mostly causes when you try to update your Windows 10 to version 1903. This error will pop up with an error message like Windows could not search for the new update. The cause of this error can be different from one computer to another computer. The third-party antivirus or antimalware program, as well as corrupt files in the Software Distribution folder, can cause this kind of error. There are many possible reasons which cause this error so, there are only a few solutions to fix this sort of error. Those solutions are stated below.
Disable or uninstall all the security software
As we know, security software like antivirus, anti-malware software and Firewalls can also cause these sorts of errors. Such software can be a hindrance for Windows Update. You should either disable or uninstall those security programs running in your computer. You can do this either by going to that software or by following these simple steps listed below.
- Go to the search bar and type Control Panel.
- Click on Add or remove a program.
- Now find the security software from the list of apps.
- After that, right-click on that particular software and select remove program.
- The uninstalling process will start.
Note: You must be sure that this will uninstall your system.
Remove junk files from your computer
Check for all the junk files on your computer and remove them. To proceed, follow these simple steps.
- Go to the search bar and search for Command Prompt.
- Right-click on command prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type cleanmgr in that particular command prompt window and hit Enter.
- Select the drive which you need to clean up.
- Select all the utilities to clean up.
- You will be shown all the junk files present. Mark all those and hit ok. If you are asked for any confirmation, confirm it so that your clean up process will start.
- Finally, restart your computer. Check whether the error is fixed on your computer or not.
Try running SFC scan in your computer
SFC scan is the one which detects the corrupted files and removes those files from your computer. To run SFC scan, follow these simple steps to proceed.
- Go to the Run window by pressing windows key+R.
- Type CMD.EXE in the Open box and hit Enter.
- Now, A command prompt window will be popped up. Type SFC /scannow and hit enter.
- This process will take some time. This will detect and remove all the corrupt files.
Rename Spupdsvc.exe to Spupdsvc.old
Follow these steps to rename the file.
- Press Windows Key+R. This will open the Run Window.
- Type the following in the Open box.
cmd/c ren %systemroot%\System32\Spupdsvc.exe Spupdsvc.old
- After this command is executed successfully, check whether the error is fixed or not.
We believe your problem of error code: 0x8007000e is fixed by following solutions provided above.