You are doing your daily stuff in your computer and suddenly error “0x80070057” occurs. If you do not have any idea to deal with it, don’t panic! We have a solution for your error. There are many Windows 7 and Windows 10 users who have been facing this error and already troubleshoot the error. There are many solutions to fix that particular error. If you are searching for an updated solution to fix error code: 0x80070057, you are at the right place.
In many cases, error code 0x80070057 appears. Some of the major cases are listed below.
- When you attempt to back up your files.
- When you install Windows 7 in your pc.
- When you have a system partition which has been damaged.
- When you are creating a new profile in Microsoft Outlook
- When you try to install a new update in Windows 7 and especially in Windows 10.
Mainly this error is of three types according to its cause. Its three types are enlisted below.
- Incorrect Parameter 0x80070057 Error
- Windows Update 0x80070057 Error Code
- Microsoft Office 0x80070057 Error
The tips that are required are shortly interpreted below.
Incorrect Parameter 0x80070057 Error
Change the setting for the Decimal Symbols:
You can get this kind of error if you have maintained properly to dot(.). This problem is quite common in pc whose language is not set to English(United States). To proceed, go to the Control panel and click on the clock, language, and region. If you have windows 7, click on Region and language and for windows 10, select region. Another window will pop up. Go to additional settings, go to decimal symbol field and type dot(.) and hit OK twice. At last, restart your computer after finishing this process.
Add a registry key value
You must be sure that you are not going to make any other changes than suggested here. It may result in big damage to your computer. Create a registry back up and restore if needed before following these steps.
- In the case of Windows 7, click the start button, type ‘regedit’ in the search box and hit enter.
- In the case of Windows 10, go to the search bar and type ‘regedit’.
- Now follow the path given below:
- Now, right-click on the right part of the window and select DWORD Value.
- After that, change the file name to “CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo”.
- Hit ok to save the changes that you have made.
- Once the process is complete, restart your pc.
Windows Update 0x80070057 Error Code
If you get this error while upgrading windows, change the name of the SoftwareDistritution folder. You can follow these simple steps to do so.
- Press windows+R to get a run box.
- Type %systemroot% in that run box, then hit Enter.
- You can see a window popping up, find SoftwareDistritution folder and rename it to SoftwareDistritution.old.
- To do this, you need the admin permission to proceed. You should continue to process.
- Finally, go to the search box and type Services.
After completing the process be sure to restart your computer.
Microsoft office 0x80070057 error
This error mostly appears when you install or use Microsoft office. To fix this problem disable your antivirus or firewall software first. Follow these simple instructions to disable your firewalls or antivirus software.
- Go to your search bar and type Control panel. Select Control panel which you can see at the top of the list of results.
- After that click on System and Security.
- Among various options, select Windows Firewall.
- You can see “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” from the left side of the window.
- After that, turn off the Windows Firewall. This setting should be changed temporarily until the problem gets fixed.
- Your Microsoft office is fixed. Try installing Microsoft office once again.
- Finally, restart your computer.
We hope this helped a lot for fixing your error.