The error code: 0x80070422 is one of the windows update error that doesn’t let you update the new version of Windows. These sorts of error are easy to solve. If the same error is popping up on your computer screen, Welcome! You are at the right site. You can fix this error in the following ways.
Make sure that the Windows update service is running
Make sure that the Windows update service is enabled in your computer. You can follow these simple steps to enable the Windows update service.
- Open Control Panel and navigate Administrative Tools and click on Services.
- A new window called services will appear on your screen. Find Windows update inside the list of services, right-click on it and select properties.
- Inside the properties, you have to find Startup Type and choose Automatic from the dropdown menu.
- If it is not running, click on the Start button in the same section and start it.
- Finally, click on OK to save the settings.
Restart your computer and check for the error. If the error 0x80070422 is not fixed, you have to try another method listed below to fix this error.
Restart Network List Service
Network list service can be found in the services window. You can follow these simple ways to reach to Network list and restart it.
- Open Run command box, type services.msc inside the open box and hit Enter.
- The services window will appear on your computer screen. Find Network List service, right-click on it and select Restart.
- Now, you can close that particular window and try updating your windows.
This method is not conventional but many users have got the result using this method of solution. To disable IPv6, you can follow these methods of solution.
- Open Control panel and find Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, you need to find your connection, right-click on it and select properties.
- You can see the list of items, find the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and unmark it.
- Finally, restart your computer.
After completing these steps, check whether the error 0x80070422 is still there.
Check EnableFeaturedSoftware Data
You can check EnableFeaturedSoftware Data by following these simple ways.
- Open Run Command Box and type Regedit in the box and hit enter.
- Follow the following path at the left part of the Registry Editor Window.
HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Windows Update > Auto Update
- At the right part of the Window, you can check EnableFeaturedSoftware Data and make sure its value is set to 1. If it is not set to 1, set it to 1.
If the error still persist, try another method to solve the error code: 0x80070422.
Run the Windows 10 troubleshooter
Use windows Troubleshooter which may help you. Follow these simple steps to use Windows troubleshooter. Please note that you need to install Windows update troubleshooter from Microsoft to perform this task.
- Open Search Box and type Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Open control panel and select the System and Security option of the control panel window.
- Now select the update troubleshooter.
- Click on the option Fix problems with Windows update.
- Find out and click on Advanced tab option in the window.
- Now left-click on the Run as administrator option.
(Note: You need to make sure that you have clicked on the Apply repairs automatically option)
After the completion of these steps, you can find that the troubleshooter automatically starts to scan to recognize errors with your system updates. You have to wait for some period of time patiently to complete as it takes several minutes to complete.