Error Code: 0x80070424 [Solved]
Windows Update Standalone Installer is a built-in tool which is related to windows update packages. In short, it is also called Wusa.exe. This deals with downloads and installs of Windows Update packages. Windows update Error Code: 0x80070424 is affiliated with Windows Update Standalone Installer (Wusa.exe). The windows error 0x80070424 mostly pops up when any system files are missing while updating the Windows and when the update service stops because of missing files during the installation of Windows. Here are the possible solutions listed below.
Utilize the windows update troubleshooter
You have to use windows Troubleshooter which will help you to fix the error 0x80070424. You can follow these simple steps to utilize Windows troubleshooter.
- Open control panel and select System and Security from it.
- Now select the update troubleshooter.
- Click on the option Fix problems with Windows update.
- Find and click on Advanced tab option in the window.
- Now click on the Run as administrator option.
(Note: You need to make sure that you have clicked on the Apply repairs automatically option)
After the completion of these steps, you can find that the troubleshooter automatically starts to scan to recognize errors with your system updates so wait some time patiently as it takes several minutes to complete.
Run System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
Sometimes, the error 0x80070424 can pop up due to corrupt files. You have to run the System file checker tool to find and remove the corrupted files from your computer. You can launch the system file checker in the following way.
- Open Command Prompt and type SFC/scannow in the command prompt window.
- The process will start automatically and will take some time.
- Restart your computer after the completion of the SFC scan.
You can also use DISM scan as an alternative for SFC scan. You can do DISM scan by following these steps.
- Open Command Prompt and type following codes in it.
DISM.EXE /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /SCANHEALTH
DISM.EXE /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH
- After you give this command in the command prompt, you can close the command prompt.
- This will scan the available windows OS boot image and the upcoming updates boot image.
- After completing the process, restart your computer.
Finally, check if your error 0x80070424 is solved.
You need to Register the System Files
Windows system files are in .dll format. You need to download these files and install the Windows update. If those .dll files are not registered on your Windows PC, the error 0x80070424 can pop up. Register those .dll files in the following way.
- Open Command Prompt and type the following codes and enter OK.
regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s
regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s
- Restart your system.
You have to check whether the error 0x80070424 is fixed in your computer or not. You can check it by running the Windows update.
Reset the Windows updates components
Reset the windows update components using the command prompt. You have to do this manually. You have to follow these easy instructions in order to reset the Windows Updates Components manually.
- Open Command Prompt and type the following codes.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- After giving these commands in the command prompt, close the command prompt window.
Now check whether the error 0x80070424 is fixed. You can check it by running the windows update. If the error code: 0x80070424 is still there, you need to try other solution methods.
Make sure that critical Windows Update services are enabled
Some of the windows update services may not be running in your computer. You must be sure that windows update services such as Workstation, Windows Update, and Background Intelligent Transfer services should always be running in your computer in order to continue the download and installation of the update. If the error 0x80070424 pops up in your computer screen while updating your windows, you have to check those windows update services. If they are not enabled, enable it manually by following these steps.
- Open Run window and type services.msc in the open box and hit enter.
- A new window will pop up. The services window will appear on your computer screen.
You can see the list of services there. Now find the Workstation, Windows update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- After finding these windows update services, double-click on each of these.
Make sure to set these services to automatic and are running at the moment.
- If these services are not running in your Windows PC, you have to find the Startup type and set them to Automatic (Delayed Start) on each of them.
- Now, confirm the selection, select start and close that particular window.
- Now restart your system.
After you complete this process, you have to check the error.
Download the update manually
If you are getting the error code: 0x80070424 while updating the Windows, you can download the update manually from the Microsoft Catalog website. Before you proceed, you must be familiar with the problematic update code. Follow these easy instructions to download the update manually.
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- In the search box of the site, type the update code and hit Enter.
- Find the matching file which uses the same architecture as your computer system.
- After that, you can click on the download button at the side of the webpage. Wait until the download completes.
- Now run the setup file and follow the instructions given in the installation window.
- After the completion of the update, restart your computer.
We hope you fixed your error 0x80070424 with the help of this article.