The error code: 0x800706ba is related to Windows update on Windows 10 computer. Corrupted files are the primary reason for error 0x800706ba mostly which are required to perform the Windows update on Windows 10 OS. If you are facing the same error code, here are some of the solutions for you.
Run System Files Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
Sometimes, the error 0x800706ba can appear due to corrupt files. You have to run the System file checker tool to find and delete the corrupted files from your computer. You can launch the system file checker in the following way.
- Open Command Prompt and type SF/scannow in the command prompt window.
- The process will start automatically.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Restart the computer after the completion of the SFC scan.
You can also use DISM scan as an alternative for SFC scan. You can do DISM scan by following these steps.
- Open Command Prompt and type the following codes exactly and hit Enter.
DISM.EXE /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /SCANHEALTH
DISM.EXE /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH
- After you give this command in the command prompt, you can close the command prompt.
- This will scan the available windows OS boot image and the upcoming updates boot image.
- After completing the process, restart your computer.
Now check if your error code: 0x800706ba is solved. If you are getting the same error, try solution listed below.
Utilize windows update troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is an in-built tool which is used to troubleshoot the windows update error. Since error 0x800706ba is an error associated with windows update, you can use these steps to use Windows Update Troubleshooter. Please note that you need to download and install Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Open the Control Panel window and select the System and Security option of the control panel window.
- Now select the update troubleshooter.
- Then click on the option Fix problems with Windows update.
- Navigate the Advanced tab option in the window.
- Now click on the Run as administrator option.
(Note: You need to make sure that you have clicked on the Apply repairs automatically option)
After you complete these steps, the troubleshooter will start to find for the errors automatically. Wait for some time and restart your computer at last.
Enable Critical Windows Update Services
Sometimes some windows update services may not be running in your computer. have to check windows update services such as Workstation, Windows Update, and Background Intelligent Transfer services are running in your computer in order to continue the download and installation of the update. If the error 0x800706ba appears in your computer screen while updating your windows, you have to check those windows update services. If they are not enabled, enable it manually by following these steps.
- Open Run Window and type services.msc in the open box and hit enter or click on OK.
- A new window will pop up. The services window will appear on your computer screen
with the list of services there. Find the Workstation, Windows update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- After finding these windows update services, double-click on each of these. Check if these services are set to automatic and are running at the moment.
- If these services are not running in your Windows PC, you have to find the Startup type and set them to Automatic (Delayed Start) on each of them.
- Now, confirm the selection, select start and close that particular window.
- Now restart your system.
After you complete this process, check if the error is still there. If you are getting the same error, try the solution listed below.
Reset the Windows update components
You have to reset the windows update components using the command prompt manually. Follow these easy directions in order to reset the Windows Updates Components manually.
- Open Command Prompt by either searching in search box or by typing CMD in Run box.
- When command prompt opens, type the listed codes below.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- After giving these commands in the command prompt, close the command prompt window.
Check if the error code: 0x800706ba is solved. You can check it by running the windows update.
We hope, with the help of this article you were able to fix your error 0x800706ba.