Error Code: 0xc000001d [Solved]
The error code: 0xc000001d is caused by a missing file inside the installation media of Windows. This error is caused mostly in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. If this error pops up on your computer, do not worry you can fix this error easily. Sometimes, this error can lead to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), we will help you to solve this error from your computer. Before jumping into the solutions, let us see the error message of error 0xc000001d. The error message is seen like this:
“Your PC needs to be repaired
The application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.
Some of the solutions to this error 0xc000001d are given below.
Create a recovery drive
Create a recovery drive which may fix your error code: 0xc000001d. If you are a user of Windows 10 or Windows 8, you can follow these steps to create a recovery drive.
- Type Create a recovery drive in the search bar.
- Select Create a recovery drive from the list of results.
- Now, make sure that your USB drive is plugged in.
- Mark the option related to copying the recovery partition from PC to recovery drive.
- You can follow the instructions given on the screen.
You must create a recovery drive before jumping into the solution methods stated below.
Use Advanced startup
If you have created a recovery drive by following the first method, you can proceed to this method. If you have not created a recovery drive, create it and proceed to this step. These simple steps may help you to proceed to Advanced startup.
- You have to plug in that particular recovery drive and restart your computer.
- After that, when BIOS message appears on your screen, you must press the shift key + F8 key.
- This takes your computer to the recovery mode. Now, you have to choose to ‘See advanced repair option‘.
- Then, go to troubleshoot and click on Advanded Options.
- Now, click on Command Prompt. You have to type the following command and make sure that you hit enter after each command line
After completing the process, check whether the issue is solved or not.
Copy the SAM File from the Repair Folder
If you are not being able while logging in to Windows, you have to copy the SAM file from C:\WINDOWS\repair and paste it inside C:\WINDOWS\system32\config.
Run the SFC Scan
You need to run the SFC scan on your computer. SFC scan will help you to detect and remove the corrupted files in your computer. Follow these easy steps.
- Open the command prompt and type SFC /scannow in the command prompt window.
The process will start automatically.
- Wait for the process to complete as it takes some time.
- Restart the computer after the completion of the SFC scan.
After completion of the process, check whether the error in your computer is solved or not.
Check the hard drive
Run CHKDSK so that it fix and recover any infected segments on any of your drive. Follow these steps to run CSKDHK.
- Open Command Prompt, type chkdsk /r and hit Enter.
- The process will start automatically.
- Wait for some time as it will take some time.
- After finishing the process, restart your computer.
Check whether your error is fixed or not. If your error is not fixed, follow other methods.
Run the DISM scan
If you are familiar with the command prompt, it is one of the most useful tools in the Windows operating system. You can use the command prompt to run the DISM scan. Follow these simple steps to run the DISM scan in your computer.
- Open the command prompt and type CMD.
- After opening the command prompt window, type the following and hit enter.
DISM.EXE /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /SCANHEALTH
DISM.EXE /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH
- After giving this command, you can close the command prompt.
- This will scan the available windows OS boot image and the upcoming updates boot image.
- After completing the process, restart your computer.
Finally, check if your error 0xc000001d is solved.
We hope your problem was solved with the help of one of these methods to fix the error code: 0xc000001d.