If you use your laptop daily to play video games, stream Netflix, or do office work, it will likely slow down over time. As a result, your computer can freeze or hang occasionally. Such an issue halts your computer-related activities and becomes a source of interruption.
A factory reset can, however, help you out of this tight spot.
Don’t be anxious if you do not know the process. This guide will explain in detail how you can factory reset your computer.
How Can You Know If You Have to Factory Reset Samsung Laptop?
Before following the instructions in this guide, make sure that your computer needs to be reset. Then, see if you are encountering any of these problems.
- Your laptop is hanging.
- There is a virus on your computer
- Your laptop’s hard drive is nearly full
- Laptop performance is poor
- You’ve forgotten your Samsung password
- You are planning to sell it and want to clear everything up
If you are experiencing these issues, it indicates that you need to factory reset your Samsung laptop.
How to Factory Reset Your Samsung Laptop
A factory reset removes everything from your computer. Therefore, before beginning the process, it’s best to back up your important files and data. This will ensure that you do not lose any data and remain secure.
So, without further ado, let’s get started with the actual tutorial.
Here are two main methods to factory reset Samsung laptops.
Samsung Recovery Solution
In method 1, you can use “System Recovery Solution” on your Samsung laptop. This is a unique application that would help you to back up and recover your essential data. Follow these steps:
- Connect your laptop to the charger
- Please turn off your computer and turn it on again
- Press the F4 key as your system starts, and the Samsung logo appears
- Your screen will then display “Samsung System Recovery Application.”
- Now, click on Restore and then Complete restore. This will arrange all your data in C Drive and renew your laptop.
- After this, you will see Computer Initial Status on your display. Click on it
- Lastly, to restore, press Ok.
Your laptop will restart multiple times after you complete the whole process. You’ll need patience here because the procedure may take up to 45 minutes.
Note that your laptop might take more or less time to reset, depending on its specifications.
Factory Reset Samsung Laptop in Windows 10
If you operate Windows 10, this method is for you. Again, you must ensure that you back up your important files. Follow these instructions:
- Connect your laptop to a charger
- Go to the Start menu and open the Settings
- You will see the option of Update and Security. Click on it
- On the left side of your computer screen, you will see the possibility of Recovery. Once you click it, you will see Reset this PC on your laptop screen
- Click Get Started
- Lastly, click on Remove Everything
Once you are done following these six steps, you will see two options:
- Remove my files
- Remove files and clean the drive
Here you need to select the former option as it will arrange your C drive, while the latter will remove all the files from your Samsung laptop.
Again, it is crucial to note that this procedure will take time. Therefore, you need to remain patient.
Factory Reset Samsung Laptop in Windows 8/ 8.1
This method is, again, quite simple. Just follow the steps below to reset your Samsung laptop.
- Connect your laptop to its charger
- Go to the start menu and click on pc Settings
- Click on Update and Recovery on your Samsung laptop and Press Recovery
- Three options will pop up at this point
- You need to click on Remove Everything and reinstall windows
- Now click Get started and then Next
After following these six steps, you will see two options:
- Remove my files
- Remove files and clean the drive
If you are selling your laptop for any reason, it’s ideal to choose the second option. This will ensure all your data is removed, and no one can restore it later. If not, you can select the first option to arrange the C drive.
This entire procedure will factory reset your laptop and make it spanking new.
Factory Reset Samsung Computer in Windows 7
If you are a Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 user, factory resetting is probably easy. Why? Because Windows 10 and 8/8.1 do not require the admin password. However, for resetting windows 7, you would need to enter your password.
What if You Have Forgotten Your Password?
Fortunately, you can factory reset your Samsung PC even if you have forgotten your password.
For this, You need to create your password with the help of the Windows Password Key. Here’s how
Step 1: Download and install the application on any other computer.
Step 2: Start the program and burn the disc or flash drive to a blank disk.
Step 3: To reset your forgotten password, boot your computer with the newly created disk.
After this, you are all set to factory reset the Samsung laptop. Just follow the directions given below.
- Turn on your Samsung laptop and click F8
- Select Repair Your Computer and press Enter
- Now, type your username and password. In case you’ve removed it, leave it blank.
- Find Samsung Factory Restore from the recovery options and click on it.
After you are done following these instructions, you will be able to reset your Samsung laptop successfully.
Alternative Methods to Reset Samsung Laptop
There are two more methods to factory reset Samsung laptops. These involve the use of a Samsung Hotkey or a CD.
Method 1: Samsung HotKey
Another way to factory reset your Samsung laptop is to use Samsung HotKey.
You must start your laptop and press the F4 and F7 keys simultaneously.
Upon rebooting your laptop, the system restore program will run automatically. After that, you can access your Samsung laptop without a password.
This is one of the easiest and simplest methods to restore your laptop to factory settings.
Method 2: Use a CD
You can also factory reset a Samsung laptop using a CD.
For this method, you must get a windows CD and insert it into the CD ROM. Once done, switch off your computer. Then, please turn it on again and press the F8 key repeatedly until it displays the boot menu.
Following this, please search for the boot option and click on it. You will see several options on your laptop screen. Here you have to choose “Press Enter to Setup Windows.”
Another sheet with multiple messages will appear on your display. These would be about installing windows.
Now you need to format the hard disc by removing partitions. Choose one of the latest partitions as the primary partition for Windows installation.
This process will take a couple of minutes. Once it’s done, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the procedure, and you are good to go!
Restoring your Samsung laptop to factory settings might sound like a complicated task. However, if you follow the right guide, it’s pretty simple.
While Samsung laptops are pretty reliable and run smoothly, it’s normal for them to slow down after extended use.
When you factory reset a Samsung laptop, its performance improves significantly. This allows you to multitask on your computer without worrying about getting stuck.