Printers are machines that sometimes work for hours on end. Still, you may sometimes face internet unavailable, unresponsive printer, lousy quality prints, paper jams, inability to scan, etc.
To begin with, check if the chords are correctly fixed, the internet connection, wireless network, cartridges, etc. If the problem persists, these issues with your HP Printer can be solved easily by carrying out a Reset.
Here is everything you need to know about How to reset an HP printer.
Methods to Reset HP printers?
Now, there are a bunch of HP printers out there, and resetting one model may not be similar to other models. So, keeping that in mind is the first fix for your HP Wireless Printers.
Reset Wireless HP Printers
A wireless printer can connect to your phone without depending only on the wireless network.
To rest your wireless HP printer to factory set-up, the first thing that you will need to do is log in to the HP webpage as an administrator. Here are the steps to do so.
- Step#1– Open your PC’s HP printer web page; you must sign in as an administrator here. If you do not have admin rights, you won’t be able to perform this action.
- Step#2– Go to the General tab on the HP Printer admin page. Here select the Reset Factory Settings option.
- Step#3– Now, under the Reset Firmware header, you will see a Reset button; select it.
- Step#4– After the reset, you must set several options, including the correct time and date.
Once done, go ahead and check if the printer works well.
Fix#2- HP Printer Password Reset
You can change your HP wireless printer password in three ways. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
Change Password on App
To change the password, follow these steps.
- Step#1– Make sure that the power button on your wireless HP printer is On; now press and hold the WiFi button along with the Cancel button.
- This will launch the Setup menu.
- Step#2– You need to download the HP Smart App on your Android or iPhone to change the HP printer password.
- Step#3-Launch the HP Smart App. On the main menu, select Printer Setup.
- Step#4– Next, select Advanced Settings.
- Step#5- Now go ahead and select Settings and Security.
- Step#6- Select Password Settings in the drop-down options on this page.
- Step#7-Now type in the new printer password and click Save.
There you go; you have successfully changed your HP printer password.
Change HP printers Password Without App.
If you did not know, it is possible to change the HP wireless printer password without the app. Follow these steps to do so.
- Step#1– On your HP wireless printer, press the Home button and select the Settings option on the screen.
- Step#2- Now, choose Setup using the right arrow from the options.
- Step#3– Here, select the Reset Password option.
Change the Password on the webpage
To change the password on the webpage, log onto any browser of your choice and follow the steps below.
- Step#1– Log onto the HP printer web page.
- Step#2– Under the Security header in the respective fields, enter your new password and verify it.
- Step#3- Select the Apply button.
Fix#3- Out of paper Reset
When your printer is prompting- out of paper for no reason, this indicates a problem with the printer software. The printer is unable to acknowledge the sheets in the paper tray. Resetting your printer is sure to solve this problem.
The steps below can help with your issue.
- Step#1– Make sure you have your HP printer turned on. Remove the power cord behind the HP printer and unplug the wall outlet.
- Step#2– Give it ten to twenty seconds before you connect the plug to the back of the HP printer and also to the power outlet.
- Step#3– It is time to switch ON the power button on the printer.
It is always wise to make a test print first.
Fix#5- Reinstall the Printer software
If the above fixes did not work for you, try reinstalling the software and see if this manages to solve your problem.
Here is the step-by-step guide to reinstalling the printer software.
- Step#1– Press the Start button on your PC and launch Settings; select the Devices option.
- Step#2– Select Printers and Scanners, search for your printer, click it and select Remove Device.
- Step#3– Now, log onto the Printers official web page, find your device, and click Download.
- Step#4– After completing the download, click and open HP easy start. On the Setup page, agree to the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- Step#5- Now, launch the printer’s Control Panel. In the control panel window, find and click Connect to connect it to your PC.
Fix#5- Reset to Factory settings
If none of the above troubleshooting methods can solve your problem, follow the steps below to reset the HP printer to its factory settings. This should be your last resort.
- Step#1– To Switch your printer to factory defaults, turn off the HP printer and unplug the power cable.
- After about thirty seconds, reconnect the plug to the wall outlet.
- Step#2– Now we can turn on the HP printer as we press and hold the Power button along with the Resume/ Cancel button.
Press them for about ten to twenty seconds until you see the Attention light On.
The solutions mentioned above will surely help you with your HP wireless printer. In addition, the wireless printer wizard will assist you in changing the password and easily resetting the HP printer using your local network name.
If you still face errors in your wireless printer, try updating the printer’s software by connecting it to your system with a USB cable and updating software, or call the customer service center.