Windows 10 recovery
Generally, recovery mode refers to the mode in which you can recover your important files and folders from any defect computer. Windows 10 offers plenty of tools for backup and recovery of your PC.
You might have installed any software on your computer, and it stopped working properly, in such situations, you need recovery mode to retrieve the files.
Windows 10 recovery is useful when you get problems with the performance of your PC and need to restore all your settings without affecting your personal files and data.
Different Windows 10 recovery methods
These are different recovery options for your windows 10, and you can choose any one of them according to your need and problem.
System restore Windows 10
You’ve recently updated your operating system (OS) but it’s giving you trouble? You can revert back to the previous version with the help of system restore. You need to turn on the System Protection.
- Search Create a restore point in the search box.
- Click on the System Restore option.
- Choose the restore point you want to return to and click next and follow as per the instruction. You will be able to return your windows 10 to that point.
How to create a System Restore point?
- Search the Create a restore point from the search box.
- Select the option Configure to restore settings, manage disk space, and delete restore points.
- Choose Turn on System protection and slide Max Usage bar to provide how much storage space used to store restore point. (Usually 5%-10% ) And click Ok.
- Now go to System Protection Window again and click Create to generate a restore point for the drives that have system protection turned on.
Reset Windows 10
If your PC is affected with serious windows problem you might not be able to return to restore point using System Restore.
- Go to Settings from Windows menu or search it from the search box.
- Go to the option Update & Security.
- Select the option Recovery from the left sidebar menu.
- Hit Get started under the heading Reset this PC.
- You can keep your files or remove everything.
- Choose the option Keep my files to remove apps and settings, but keep your personal files.
- Pick the option Remove everything to remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.
Now your Windows 10 device will be reset.
Use a recovery drive to restore Windows 10
Unable to start your PC? You can use a Recovery drive to repair it.
- Connect a recovery device in your computer.
- Now press windows key + L in your keyboard. This will get you to the sign-in screen.
- Then press the shift key and power button to restart the PC. After that select restart in the right bottom corner of your computer screen.
- PC will restart on the Windows Recovery Environment(WinRE).
- Select Troubleshoot in the Choose an option page.
- To recover from system restore point, Go to Advanced Options > System Restore. It will remove problem-causing apps, drivers or updates. Your personal files are safe in this process.
- To re-install Windows from the recovery drive, select Advanced Options > Recover from a drive. It will install a new OS in your PC and remove all your files, apps, settings, etc.