Windows 10 Shortcuts
Shortcut keys are those keys which help you to access a menu by pressing a set of keys from the keyboard. Windows 10 offers improved support for keyboard shortcuts. If you are avid keyboard user then these keyboard shortcuts are likely to be helpful for you. Adopting Keyboard shortcut can reduce your working time significantly, especially if your job is entirely based on computer. However, remembering all the keyboard shortcuts might not be practical. But memorizing and using keywords for activities that you perform frequently can improve your performance noticeably.
Besides this, Keyboard Shortcut keys can be a lifesaver if the people are differently able. Further, Windows 10 shortcuts can make you seem an amazingly smart multitasker.
Realizing the importance of shortcuts Microsoft have introduced various shortcut keys in combination with the Windows key. Some of the most used combinations are:
Best and uniquely improvised latest keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10:
- Windows+i: Opens system setting so that you can access and control different function of system easily and quickly.
- Windows+s: Opens Cortana in searching mode. You can just type the topic in the search box and Cortana will search it for you.
- Windows+c: Opens Cortana in listening mode. You can just employ Cortana by your voice and search your stuff without the need to write.
- Windows+Ctrl+D: Create Virtual Desktop. It helps you to quickly create virtual desktop and re-organize your groups of the window as task evolve.
- Windows+Ctrl+Arrow: Switch between virtual desktop. It helps you to quickly switch between the virtual desktop and re-organize your groups of windows.
- Windows+tab: Open Task view. It enables you to quickly switch your windows between the created virtual desktop. You can quickly regroup your Apps to the different virtual desktop you created.
- Windows+Ctrl+F4: Delete the current Virtual desktop. Quickly remove currently active virtual desktop.
- Windows+A: Open Action Center. Quickly find current and archive notification about your PC.
Common/Standard keyboard shortcuts for windows 10:
- Windows+comma(,): Peek at the desktop until you press the key.
- Alt+tab: Switch between open programs. Quickly switch between the currently running apps.
- Ctrl+C: Copy selected stuff to clipboard. Select the stuff and press Ctrl+c to copy the stuff and afterward, it is pasted in destination using paste function.
- Windows: Open or close start menu.
- Ctrl+F4: Close current programs. Ends the program/app you are using currently.
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc: Open Task Manager. You can run/end the program quickly and manage the startup program to enhanced the PCs performance.
- Windows+Left/Right Arrows: Snap to respective side of the desktop/screen.
- Ctrl+D: Delete selected stuff and keep in recycle bin. Files stored in recycle bin won’t be deleted until it reaches out of limit or you delete it permanently.
- Ctrl+Z: Undo an Action. If you mistakenly did any task then you can undo it directly using Ctrl+Z key.
- Ctrl+Y: Redo an Action. Just mistakenly undid any task then just press Ctrl+Y to redo it.
- Ctrl+A: Select all the stuff.
- Ctrl+V: Paste stuff from the clipboard. Paste moved or copied clipboard stuff to the destination file/folder.
- Ctrl+X: Cut selected Stuff. Moves the stuff to the clipboard.
- Windows+Up Arrow: Maximize the current window.
- Windows+Down Arrow: Minimize the current window.
- Windows+Enter: Open Narrator. A very good tool for handicap people. It speaks up for every key you press in your PC.
- Windows+L: Lock your PC or Switch Account.
- Windows+Number: Open the apps pinned in taskbar indicated by the number.
- Windows+F: Open search for files and folders.
- Windows+D: Opens desktop/hide desktop.
- Alt+Esc: Select the programs that are running in taskbar.
- F1: Opens the help menu in the running applications.
Similarly, there are many shortcut key for specific applications, like Microsoft Word, Excel, MS paint and so on.