Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working [Solved]
After many users upgraded to windows 10, they got the problem with the start menu. They also reported that their start menu did not work whereas some reported that their start menu did not even open. The start menu is the most vital part of Windows 10, so if it does not work it becomes a great problem. If your Windows 10 Start menu not working, or not even opening, we will help you to solve this issue. Please back up your important files before proceeding to the steps of the solution.
The simple solutions that can be done to fix this error are stated as follows.
Turn your pc off and on again
This is the solution for most of the problem related to the computer. It is the easiest solution too. Try it as a solution for a couple of times to see if it cures the problem. Be sure that you do not do it time and again because it can create another problem for your pc.
Make sure that your Windows 10 is up-to-date
The outdated operating system can also cause this problem. It is the most probable cause that updating windows will solve this type of errors. Microsoft is improving its new releases, making your system updated is a good solution for this problem. You can update windows manually without the start menu. To update windows, press Windows key+i to open setting. Now you can proceed to windows update. If this button does not work, press windows key+r to launch run command. After going to run command, type ‘ms-setting’ and click OK. After opening ‘setting’, you can proceed to windows update.
Create other user profiles
You need to create two new profiles with administrator privileges. They need admin rights because of the task they should perform during this solution. If you do not have any admin rights, you cannot perform this. After making two admin profiles, log off, and log on to one of the new admin accounts which you created. Now test whether your start menu is working properly or not. If this does not solve your problem, something is wrong. Try other solutions in order to solve your problem.
Use command-line utilities
If any other option did not work on your computer, there are a couple of utilities that you can use to solve the start menu problem. Before you start this, back up your important files and document which you need in future days.
- Open task manager by pressing ctrl+shift+esc
- At the top of that particular window, you’ll find File as an option. Click it and again click on Run new task. Type “CMD” in that particular box but don’t enter now. Under that typing box, you will find a marking bus “Create this task with administrative privileges” which you need to tick and press enter or click on OK.
- A new window will appear, type “sfc/scannow” and press enter.
- Now, Windows will scan your file system, and it lets you know if it finds any defects.
- If you see the message “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them” then check whether these issues can be solved or not by running another program.
- Go to command line prompt type the following:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Make sure that you include the spaces after each word.
- It might take some time to run, so wait for some time. Finally, this is it for this solution. If this problem is not solved, you can try the solution below.
You can use application identity
Many users have reported that this worked in their pc. You can follow these steps.
- Press Windows key+R to start run command.
- Type SERVICES.MSC in the typing box and press the enter key.
- After that, right-click on APPLICATION IDENTITY and select START.
- Now, restart after a few minutes.
A user reported that he got this issue and tried it and this worked. Any other solution did not work in his pc.
We hope one of these solutions worked for your Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working problem in your Windows 10 pc. We hope this was helpful to you.